- Imperial Jurai Armed Forces PATCHES now available for pre-order! Get yours NOW!
- Do your kinks have kinks? Asagiri can help you exercise them.
- Protestors on Herotitus want to know why Jurai is still on a war footing with no reported battles. House Jurai officials have declinded to comment.
- Know your Chi from your Hentai? Then Satome may hold the secrets you crave...
- UPDATE YOUR BIO'S. How else will the enemy know how awesome you are?
- Nakajima Heavy Industries: When you absolutely, positively, need to kill everyone, right now!
- Jurai Sugar Cookies. All the energy you need to kick clanner butt!
- Jurai - the exact nature of your catastrophe!
- Jurai Samurai Family. Royal by name, royal by nature, and by appointment only...
- Do your friends call you Mr Fix-It? Do you have an affinity with technology? The Ozora family is recruiting.
- Tai-shi Cola. Now with 50% more caffeine, 34% more ability, 200% more creativity, and one hell of a temper if you shake it enough! Tai-shu Cola.
- Are you a great pilot but your biological systems are failing you? Contact Kagato-Armitage for an upgrade today!
- Tokomi. Proudly serving the Royalty since inception. Yes, even the royal pains in the...
- NEWKIES! Don't leave Herotitus without them!
- Are you known as a pretty boy/girl? Ever screamed "Not the face! NOT THE FACE!" in a bar fight? Then Nisshoko could be the Family for you!
- House Jurai: coming soon to a planet near you.
- Ever seen the future? Contact your local Heng Institute today!
- Jurains boycott local stores for selling C:GB propaganda. The Bear Claw pastry, although tasty, is no substitute for Jurai Sugar Cookies.
- Mechwarrior Online, Mechwarrior Tactics, and Hawken all look like promising platforms for HJ's next big push in the Mech world. Stay tuned for more...
- Jurai Offical denies increases in military research spending is a reaction to the increased threat of war in the I.S.
- Jurai Sake. Are you Samurai enough?
- ANGEL Radio. Back on the air, back in your ear. Mecha music for Jurai & by Jurai!
- You wanna be a good soldier of Jurai? Get your butt signed up for the MWO! Do it NOW, soldier!
At the center of Jurai culture is the unconquerable drive not to settle for less, second best, or just enough. Our fiercely competitive members come together from all walks of life, and embrace our global differences. Spirited discussion and debate ranging anywhere from life, music, sex, prose, poetry, and war are welcomed and encouraged. Many friendships have been forged over heated battles of wits, or long, eccentric discussions. Juraians' fervor never should be viewed as anger, but as the defining force that make our House stronger.
House Jurai has been an established power since 1996. During this span, House Jurai has adopted many influences and traditions. Foremost is the pride and respect for our unit, our command chain, and fellow members. We proudly display our uniform in game and on forums, and bow to each other as a show of respect. While HJ has many existing traditions and customs, there are always plenty of opportunities to create new ones.
Advancement in House Jurai is not a popularity contest, but an acknowledgement by the command chain of a warrior’s battle prowess, leadership ability, loyalty, and dedication to House Jurai. Besides our internal rank structure, HJ warriors also have the opportunity to be honored by joining one of several Samurai Families, each with their own unique mythos. HJ's Samurai are the best of the best, and display their family name proudly. Most Juraians consider being accepted as a Samurai a higher honor than any rank, ribbon, or medal.
One common tradition of HJ's is to celebrate our victories with an after-party, complete with lengthy chats, adult beverages, and an HJ DJing on our very own web radio station, Angel Radio. An unspoken requirement during such celebration is to play HJ's celebration song(s):
Blur - Song 2 - a celebration song for the younger generation
Queen - We Are the Champions - the original Old Guard celebration song
Like the phoenix of mythos, HJ has risen from the ashes of various mecha games and planetary leagues, and is looking forward to the challenges ahead, where we can one again claim...
We Are Jurai!
'cause its really stupid out there today
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
-- William Ernest Henley
On the 12th day of Netmech I still had yet to drop, after:
48 hours of delays,,
44 hours of whining,
40 hours of cussing,
36 hours of coffee,
32 hours of rule lawyering,
28 hours of hoping,
24 hours of sleep,
20 hours of singing,
16 - hours - of - LAG!!
12 hours of Netsplit,
8 hours of practice,
a four LRM20 Daishi,
and Lynxcat getting banned from TKZ.
-- Haydon (12/21/2001)
A hunger to fight, a thirst to conquer
As battle cries flow from the depths of my soul
Lightning strikes behind the war field
The enemy attack force becomes clear
Fools they were to challenge us.
They will pay with their lives.
For we will not give up
I am a warrior
I AM JURAI!
-- Lynxcat, 2000
Nobody loves me
Ungrateful Netmech bastards
I might as well die
-- =Xerxes= (Grand Council Netmech Kali server, circa 1997)